Helping Social Security Disability Claimants Get Benefits
For most people who are injured or disabled, Social Security Disability benefits are a necessity. Unfortunately, the process can become extremely frustrating without the assistance of a skilled legal advocate. If you are suffering from a medical or psychological condition that limits your ability to work, you may be eligible for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits.
At Thomas & Thomas Attorneys At Law, our SSDI attorney’s training and experience means that we understand the nuances of Social Security Disability law and appeals like few other firms. We have been helping people obtain Social Security Disability benefits since 1987, and Carla J. Thomas has belonged to the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives since 1997.
Legal counsel from a trained and experienced Social Security Disability attorney is critical to successfully navigating the system. Consulting with an experienced attorney early in the process can greatly help your claim.
Helping You Navigate The Social Security Benefits Process
You may be entitled to benefits for your disability. Our experienced attorneys will help you assert your rights and reclaim your dignity in your community and your life. We will review your records, determine the proper course of action, prepare your case carefully, and represent you at administrative law hearings.
Since 1987, local Social Security Disability lawyer Carla J. Thomas has assisted our clients with their Social Security needs, including:
- Applying for Social Security Disability benefits
- Applying for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits
- Representation at administrative hearings
- SSD and SSI appeals beyond the administrative hearing level
- Representing you at the SSDI hearing
Preparing The Record And Evidence For Your Claim
Social Security Disability cases can be difficult. Many times, applicants fail to provide enough information for a judge to make a fair assessment.
Our attorneys work hard to ensure that proper evidence is presented to the Social Security Administration to demonstrate your disability. We will collect necessary medical records, reports, prescriptions, employment records, statements from co-workers and former employers, family or clergy statements, and any other evidence that can attest to your physical or mental limitations or disabilities. We have successfully represented people with a great variety of problems, including:
- Cardiovascular impairments or pulmonary diseases
- Stroke, seizure disorders
- Bipolar disorder, depression, schizoaffective disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), conversion disorder or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Back problems, herniated discs, osteoporosis or rheumatoid arthritis
- Failed surgery
- Chronic pain or fibromyalgia
- Scleroderma or CREST syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease, lupus or multiple sclerosis
- Brain injuries or nerve damage
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Neuropathies and other complications of diabetes
- Liver or kidney disease
- Migraine headaches
- Blindness or visual limitations
- Lupus and other autoimmune disorders
- Spinal impairments
- Many other medical conditions and impairments
We accept SSDI claims on a contingency basis — you pay no fee unless we recover compensation for you. Contact Thomas & Thomas Attorneys At Law at our Easton, Pennsylvania, office to schedule your free consultation or case evaluation with our experienced Social Security lawyers. Our law office is conveniently located across the street from the Northampton County Courthouse. You can reach us by calling 800-248-3217.